Thursday 29 January 2009

Secret seven



Enid Blyton- is also one of my favourite authors. Unfortunately I only got 5 books of the series Secret Seven, everytime mum and I go to the library, we couldn't find no. 6 instead they only have 8,9 and 10, but I don't want to skip it. So I will wait, and might find my luck soon.

This series follows the adventures of a strictly secret society made up of 7 children, who like to solve mysteries that they happen upon, or actively go looking for!

The characters:

  1. Peter is the head and leader of the secret society. He is very strict with members and takes his responsibilities very seriously indeed! -
  2. Janet is Peter's younger sister. She is a serious member of the Secret Seven, who takes direction from her brother Peter, for the most part very well.
  3. Jack is often seen as second in command and possibly best friends with Peter and enjoys being a loyal friend and member of the society. He appears to play a more prominent role than Colin or George in the adventures (he gets into trouble for being so forgetfull at times.)
  4. Colin is not such a prominent member of the Seven as some of the others, but still gives a rounding to the group as a whole .
  5. George is also not a very prominent member of the society but still appears to take his role seriously and with a sense of humour.
  6. Pam is portrayed as a very giggly girl, who doesn't appear to take things as seriously and solemnly as the others. Pam can also be quite jumpy and close to tears at the smallest of things.
  7. Barbara can nearly always be found with Pam, giggling about something as can be seen

I highly recommend this book to everyone, (boys and girls.) I got these book on my 10th bday. they're made for very light reading, good books for collection.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Book Worm,

    This is a very well put together blog and I'm glad you found me so I could find you. Consider yourself followed. I like your choices of books and you have introduced me to some new things. I'll be on the look out for them when I next take a trip to the book store or library.

    Sincerely, Lady Euphoria

    ReplyDelete